Reality Check1 min 17.1K 1 min 17.1K
Date: 23 June 2017
* Fifteen hundred kilometers away from Shriharikota *
"But, earlier we had fixed five lakhs."
"Either ten lakhs or we are revoking this marriage, here and now," growled the groom's father.
"At least give me some time to arrange the remaining amount," pleaded the bride's father.
* One thousand kilometers away from Shriharikota *
"Mister, you forgot to mention your gender in the form."
"Sir, I didn't forget. I just couldn't find mine."
"Sorry, we cannot hire you," came the blatant reply.
* Eight hundred kilometers away from Shriharikota *
"Pandit ji, luck is not favoring me. I failed, yet again."
"I can fix it. Just give me ten thousand rupees and leave the rest on me."
"Do whatever, just make sure that I pass the next attempt."
* Seven hundred kilometers away from Shriharikota *
"Last night, I was on the bus when he molested me."
"I think we should not let this matter go in public. Our reputation is on stake," her dad replied.
* Four hundred kilometers away from Shriharikota *
"Are you sure you want to go for abortion?"
"Yes, doctor. We want a boy."
* In Shriharikota at Satish Dhawan space center *
The countdown began and India successfully launched yet another satellite into space.
"India is advancing. India is progressing," was the news that flashed on the news channels that day.