Last year, was the most eventful and beautiful year of my life. This year has taught me lessons ,that I won’t dare to forget and given memories to cherish. I hope these lessons will come in handy, as and when you need them. I am jotting them down for the sole reason: Life is nothing; if not uncertain. I might be out of reach when you need me but, I want my experiences to be within your reach.
Whatever I am going to say, might be wrong or right and I don’t expect/want you to follow by the words. You can have a reference point but, you can never learn from other’s experiences. You have to make your own mistakes and have your own experiences, in order to learn something. Here is what I have learnt and I hope, it will prepare you for your life ahead:
· Character doesn’t come with gender, age, nationality, sexuality or anything. Never let anything, bias your trust for someone.
· If you have to run after someone’s affection or approval, you are probably just wasting your energy. Either you won’t get it or, you won’t find it worth.
· Low IQ people often run after religion blindly.
· Maturity doesn’t come with age or experience. You need to be willing to widen your horizon to be mature.
· Friends and family both are important. But, neither of them can be replaced by the other.
· Accept the relations and people as life brings them to you. Trying to find a sibling in a friend or a parent in a teacher never works.
· Both alcohol and screen-time are addictive and numbs the brain. The limit to be imposed on you should be decided by you, when you are clear headed.
· After a fight, break-up, lost promotion or anything that didn’t went the way you wanted it to, try going for a walk or talking to someone, instead of a drink or movie.
· Life is really simple. Trying to close our eyes to the harsh realities complicates it.
· Life is never easy, it’s worthy.
· No matter, what you do, it will never be enough if you are a daughter-in-law.
· Everything happens for a reason; and a good one indeed.
· Literacy doesn’t make you educated.
· Relationships aren’t easy. They demand a lot of hard work. Think of all the hard work you have put before deciding to quit.
· Karma, always gets back at you and mostly when you are least prepared.
· Someone can be your only hope and liability at the same time.
· Parenting demands sacrifices but, never sacrifice more than you are willing to. You definitely don’t want to burden your kids.
· Try owning a personal library. You will see yourself grow with your books because no matter how cliché it sounds, but good books are always your friends.
· Happiness is a choice.
You have turned one last week and I wanted to give you something more than dresses, toys or parties where you are the center of attraction. I hope, this letter will help you a tiny bit to get through your wonderful life.