Work From Home | Editor
About the Company
But there's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall? How a scar got on your face? Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. YES!!! There's a story inside all of us and Storymirror brings to you an unprecedented platform to express yourself freely and SHARE your untold stories with the world. We are a team of 'creators' with a literary vision who want to offer you a platform to write those untold stories that you carry within. Storymirror wants to be a part of your life and offer you a space to air and share your stories and make it available to the readers worldwide to read them and take delight in your creativity. Within span of 2 years, StoryMirror has managed to get 3M readers, 7200 authors, 1500 poets, 750 artists , 54 published books and 4 best sellers.
About the Role
• Experience with a publishing house can be an added advantage.
Key Management Areas of Responsibility
• Writing web content for websites / portals from scratch.
• Editing and Proof reading content once written.
• Writing, editing and proof reading copy for client projects based on the material supplied by them.
• Writing product descriptions, brand support material etc.
• Proof reading, editing and writing content on a regular basis for building up the website including informative short articles.
Skills required for the job:
• A thorough knowledge of standard writing practices is necessary for content writers.
• Bachelor's degree programs in journalism, English and other mass communication disciplines
• A flair for writing with an understanding of what works on the internet.
• An ability to work in a team with good communication skills.
• An effective writing style that is fresh, consistent and customer friendly. A knack for editing and proof reading with good research skills.
• Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences.
• An understanding of keywords and meta tags - Ability to write web page titles, meta tag descriptions, alt tags for images etc.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
Content writers compose content for both online and offline consumption. The digital media field is growing as new technologies drive users to the Web. He/She needs to be familiar with writing for traditional publications as well as for the Web.
Due to the digital nature of the work, Content writers are often required to know basic design fundamentals and be familiar with digital content management systems. They are also expected to communicate effectively with marketing and SEO/SEM teams, meet strict deadlines and follow editorial guidelines.